Here’s a fun process art activity to keep your kids cool this school holiday while they create!
All you need is:
- Tempera paints (standard kids paint)
- Ice tray
- Paint pallet or pots for paint (old yoghurt pots will do)
- Cotton wool buds
- A tray
- An apron
- Freeze water in the ice trays the night before
- Mix a teaspoon of cornflour to a small amount of paint (this just thickens the paint a little but you don’t have to do this, you could just use the paint straight from the pot)
- Push out the ice cubes onto a tray (or let the kids have fun doing this)
- Put out the paint in a pallet or in pots and place by the side of the tray
- Lay out cotton wool buds by the side of the tray
…now let your kids have fun exploring the cold texture and working out how they want to use the paint – with fingers, pour it on, using the cotton wool buds (if they don’t want to get messy!)
…watch how the colours marble, what colours mix together, watch the paint slip of the ice.
Lots of exploring and lots of fun!
Enjoy and have a great school holiday.